Our HIIT based workouts consist of cardio, bodyweight and resistance based exercises. High Intensity Interval Training is a training technique in which clients give all out, 100% effort through quick, intense bursts of exercise followed by short sometimes active recovery periods.
This type of training spikes your heart rate and burns fat in less time. This type of intense exercise will help burn fat & calories than regular aerobic & steady state workouts.
Benefits of High Intensity Interval Training:
Burn body fat & build muscle tone in less time – HIIT is great if you have a limited amount of time to work out. Studies show that 15 minutes of high intensity interval training burns more calories than jogging on a treadmill for an hour.
- Increase your metobolism – High Intensity Interval Training helps you consume more oxygen than a non-interval workout routine. The excess amount of oxygen consumed helps increase your rate of metabolism from about 90 minutes to 144 minutes after a session of interval training. Thus the increased metabolism helps burn more calories at a faster rate.
- Good for heart health – It’s difficult for most people to push themselves to an anaerobic zone where you lose your breath and feel your heart pounding faster and faster. With interval training it’s easier to push yourself to that level because of the rest interval that comes right after you reach that point. This helps keep a healthy heart and helps blood flow effectively throughout your whole body.
- Burn calories and body fat for hours after your workout. – When participating in such high intensity workouts your body’s repair cycle goes into hyper drive. This means in 24 hours after a HIIT workout your body is still burning calories and fat whereas in steady-pace workouts, you may not.
- Builds endurance – High intensity training adapts to the cellular structure of muscles which enables you to increase your endurance while doing any type of exercise. “Journal of Physiology,” posted a study where people participated in HIIT for eight weeks and the results showed that they had doubled the length of time they could ride a bicycle while keeping the same pace.
- Every workout is different – Our trainers at Movement programme our workouts each week to ensure every workout session is different and challenging for our clients. HIIT workouts offer seasoned fitness clients a new challenge and beginners a quicker way to see results. You are constantly pushing yourself out of your comfort zone therefore you will never get bored with our workouts.